Thursday, June 12, 2014

Blevins, Alderete Named Heritage High Athletes of Month

Paloma Valley High athlete Alexandra Blevins is presented her Athlete of the Month award by Cynthia Nemelka of RE/MAX Diamond Realty.
Senior softball pitcher Alexandra Blevins and sophomore golfer J'men Alderete were named Menifee 24/7 Athletes of the Month for Heritage High School.

The athletes received a certificate and gift card presented by Cynthia Nemelka of RE/MAX Diamond Realty, sponsor of the awards program.

Blevins completed a stellar four-year career at Heritage by posting a 2.78 ERA for the Patriots, who finished second in the Sunbelt League and compiled a 19-12 record on the way to the CIF quarterfinals.

This fall, she is headed for the University of Tulsa on a softball scholarship.

"I'm sad that it's over, but at the same time, I have such a bright future ahead of me," she said. "I completely enjoyed all my years playing softball here and the coaching has been great with coach (Angela) Ramiro; it's been awesome.

"I'm playing travel ball again this summer. For me, softball is a year-round thing. I just want to make sure I keep my speed and more movement on my pitches as I get ready for college."

Alderete (left) this spring became the first Heritage High golfer ever to qualify for the CIF postseason tournament. A former baseball player who suffered a knee injury, Alderete has a personal best score of 37 for nine holes and 76 for 18 holes.

This was the final Athlete of the Month award presented by Menifee 24/7 and RE/MAX Diamond Realty for the current school year.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Loading