Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Heritage Athletes of the Week: Richard, Bonilla, Magana

From left: Tim Richard, Evelyn Magana, Josue Bonilla.
The final group of Athletes of the Week from Heritage High School's winter sports class represent the finest in accomplishments at the school and is deserving of recognition from Menifee 24/7.

Senior wrestler Tim Richard displayed his determination in the postseason, making the most of a fourth-place finish at heavyweight in the Sunbelt League finals. Earning a place as an alternate in the CIF finals, Richard got a chance to compete and placed fifth, qualifying for last weekend's Masters meet.

"I didn't do that hot at Masters, but I'm just glad I made it to there," Richard said. "That was my goal."

Richard, who wrestled all four years at Heritage, hopes to attend an art institute after graduation.

Sophmore midfielder Josue Bonilla was one of the leaders of the Patriots boys soccer team. Heritage struggled in league play and didn't make the playoffs, but Bonilla helped build the foundation for future success.

Junior Evelyn Magana was one of the main reasons the girls soccer team showed a big improvement over last season. She looks forward to contributing to further success next season with her versatile talents.

"I play every position on the field," Magana said when asked her position. "My favorite is defense. I like seeing the look on the other person's face when they can't get through me."





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Loading